What is it?The Pomodoro Technique® is a way to get the most out of time management. Turn time into a valuable ally to accomplish what we want to do and chart continuous improvement in the way we do it.
Francesco Cirillo created the Pomodoro Technique® in the 1980s. It is now practiced by professional teams and individuals around the world.
What do I need to start?A kitchen timer
You can use either a real timer (we love the "Pomodoro" kind) or a software timer. Set it to 25 minutes.
A sheet of paper
Blank paper is good, lined paper is better, pre-printed Pomodoro paper is the best!
An eraser is also a plus!
How can I start?
The basic unit of work in the Pomodoro Technique® can be split in five simple steps:
- Choose a task to be accomplished
- Set the Pomodoro to 25 minutes (the Pomodoro is the timer)
- Work on the task until the Pomodoro rings, then put a check on your sheet of paper
- Take a short break (5 minutes is OK)
- Every 4 Pomodoros take a longer break